Thursday, September 3, 2015

Students Today are the Future of Tomorrow



21st Century Learners
Today is my second day in Social Studies Methods and I viewed the video A Vision of K-12 Students Today, which is the video below this text. This was a powerful video that portrayed students begging to be engaged in the classroom. Students need to be taught to love learning, and this can be done by using tools that they are comfortable with to better assist them. Students today are digital learners, and teachers need to realize this and use technology in the classroom. Teachers can use technology to improve their lessons and really grab the attention of the students as well as their interests. Social Studies Methods is one of the first classes that I have had that really works with the use of technology in the classroom. In just two days I have been exposed to technologies that I have never been exposed to before, and that I would never know would be a benefit in the classroom. My future classroom will be equipped with different technologies, and my students will be taught the advantages of using them. I will incorporate technology into most of my lesson because it will benefit the students in so many ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment