Tuesday, December 15, 2015

That's all folks

      
         I can't believe my journey in Social Studies Methods is coming to an end. Through stressful, sleepless nights, numerous blog posts, a plethora of presentations, and countless pluses and wishes, I have learned so much. Out of all of my methods classes, this has truly been the most helpful. I feel that I have grown so much as a teacher and will never forget the experience I had both in the class and in the fieldwork sessions. This class pushed me out of my comfort zone and I will be forever grateful. I became confident in front of a classroom of students, and watched lesson plans I helped create, come to life. It was really an amazing experience to teach a class and see the lesson plans and activities unfold. This class taught me the importance of working in groups, and using your peers/colleagues as resources. Through this class I learned extensive ways to create the three types of lesson plans. I had not known the elements of direct, inquiry, and cooperative lessons. I had not been knowledgable about Bloom's Taxonomy, the JigSaw method, 5 themes of geography, pedagogical content knowledge, the list goes on and on. I was given resources and tools that will be an immense help in my future endeavors. This class was definitely the most difficult and stressful class that I have ever taken, but it was all worth it in the end! Thank you for the experience Dr. Smirnova!


1 comment:

  1. Jennifer,
    I really liked this blog post and have to agree with all that you stated in it. Though the class was filled with a lot of work it was definitely the most helpful methods class. I too feel that I came out with more knowledge than I had before starting the class. Overall the course was informative and interesting and I enjoyed working with you throughout multiple lessons.

    ReplyDelete